11 December Market is going ahead
DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR PHONE FOR QR CODE CHECK IN AND CARRY A MASK WITH YOU
(Hopefully there will be no more market closures)
Violet Town Community Market
Second Saturday each month
8.30 am - 1.00 pm
Please note that Dogs, with the exception of Service Dogs, are NOT allowed in the Market and that the Market is a Smoke-Free Zone.
Come by yourself or with friends and enjoy a wide range of hot and cold food, delicious coffee, good music, great shopping and a friendly and relaxing atmosphere - guaranteed to have a great day out!
During the current pandemic, to keep our community and all patrons COVID safe, please note the following:-
- We have a Services Victoria QR code, so to ensure a quick entry to the Market, ensure you have the Services Victoria App on your phone. It can be downloaded from the following website https://service.vic.gov.au/check-in You can get a Victorian Services QR app for both iPhones and androids.
- You will be asked to show the green “success” tick on your phone to staff as you go through the gate. (This appears when you have successfully registered via the app)
- If you are unable to download the app on your phone you will need to queue at the front tent to be registered electronically. Pen or pencil registrations are no longer able to be used as an alternative to the QR code
- Carry a mask with you at all times so that it can be used if you are unable to effectively socially distance. In the market precinct at busy times this can be difficult.
Please Do NOT Come If -
- You are experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- You are waiting on a Covid 19 test result.
- You have been in close contact with someone waiting on a Covid 19 test result.
- You have been in contact with a positive Covid 19 case.
- You have been directed to isolate.
The Violet Town Community Market is held on the 2nd Saturday of every month at the Recreation Reserve in Tulip Street, Violet Town from 8.30 am - 1.00 pm. Please note that Dogs, with the exception of Service Dogs, are NOT allowed in the Market and that the Market is a Smoke-Free Zone. Thank you!
We are moving to be plastic bag free in 2021/2022 so remember to bring your own bags or you can buy some from the Violet Town Community Market Tent in Tulip Street.
The Violet Town market is a thriving, community market renowned for a friendly atmosphere. We have over 250 stall holders on our books. Visit your regular stallholders or try something new. You will find fresh produce, arts, crafts, jewellery, wine tastings, plants, tools, furniture and more!
Relax and enjoy live music, hot food and great coffee. The Violet Town Market: one of Victoria’s premier country markets.
Founded in 1978 this thriving community market supports local groups and is renowned for its focus on sustainable living principles – remember to bring your own bags.
- Entry is free however a gold coin donation to a local organisation of the month would be welcomed.
- Dogs are NOT allowed on the market site. Service dogs only permitted.
- The Market site is a Smoke Free Zone. Your cooperation is appreciated.
While in Violet Town, you might like to check out the shops in the Cowslip Street and some of our other visitor attractions.