Affiliated with Federation of Victorian of Film Societies FVFS
Our not-for-profit film society provides a congenial environment where members of the community can meet on a regular basis to view films often lesser known yet critically acclaimed.
Aims of Society
- to present members’ choice of films in a comfortable cinematic environment, regardless of the medium, that ensures the screenings are social events and promote interaction between members and with the local community;
- to encourage interest in film as an art form and as a medium of information and education by means of the exhibition of a wide range of quality cinema selected from all countries and all genres and;
- to promote the study, discussion of and appreciation of film by means of lectures, discussions, exhibitions and publications.
Type of Films
- We screen films that are cinematic but not necessarily ‘box office’ but do not include films that involve extreme violence or pornography. Films may be only a few years old or very old and may even be black / white.
- Films are proposed by members and lists added to where necessary from lists compiled by other societies so that for a 12 month period members will have the option of voting for, up to a maximum of 10, the films they would like to see during the next 12 months. The most popular selections are those most likely to be screened.
Notes have been compiled to answer some questions from members and potential members.
To join the Society, contact Robin Machin on 0417 496 785 or come along to a film night or matinee.