Tulip Street, Violet Town
(03) 5798 1216
The pool is open from the 1st December to the long weekend in March each year. During school holidays the pool opens at 12:00 midday. Pool managers Robin and David Harrison run the delightful family friendly Violet Town Pool. With plenty of water toys and swimming aids Robin and David are keen to make sure your visit to the Violet Town Pool is a fun time.
Sessions of aqua aerobics and squad swimming and swimming lessons are available. Visit the pool and talk to Robin and David.
- Pool membership tickets are available from the pool complexes. Season membership tickets are free to residents who present the ticket attached to their Strathbogie Shire rate notice with their rate notice to the pool operators.
- Annual season ticket holders may gain entry to any pool complex within the Shire.
- All children under five years of age are admitted free of charge.
- Handicap companions or carers with a card are admitted free.
- Minimum age of child allowed to attend pool on their own is 10 years old
Season and day pass prices are available on the Shire website at http://www.strathbogie.vic.gov.au/community/sport-a-recreation/swimming-pools
Opening Hours (All Pools)
- Weekdays – 1.00 pm to 7.00 pm Evening Extension 9.00 pm
• Weekend – 1.00 pm to 7.00 pm
• School Holidays – 12.00 pm to 7.00 pm
Harris Cup and Honeysuckle Shield
The pool runs an annual family-orientated community swimming carnival in February each year which everyone is welcome to attend. The Harris Cup, named after George Harris, is a six person relay race with a minimum of two females, open to all ages. It is one lap of the pool each. The Honeysuckle Shield is an event for four primary school children, two boys and two girls.