Violet Town Action Group (VTAG) is a group of people drawn from the local community. It has been actively looking after the interests of the community for many years and has as its vision and purpose:
"VTAG works to develop and support community activities and initiatives, and provides a forum which facilitates discussion and decision making for the communities of Violet Town and District."
VTAG operates with a nine person committee with three members elected each year or as vacancies arise. The committee meets monthly, on the first Wednesday of each month at the Community Centre meeting room.
VTAG has a number of sub-committees that are responsible for organising major projects in the community:
- Market sub-committee is responsible for the operation of the Violet Town Community Market – working with a paid market co-ordinator.
- Honeysuckle Recreation Environment Project sub-committee has undertaken the creation of a 3km walking and cycling trail along both sides of the Honeysuckle Creek within the town boundaries and extensive revegetation of the creek.
- Village Voice sub-committee organises the publication of the monthly Village Voice (available for viewing on this website) with the assistance of a paid coordinator.
- Hall sub-committee is responsible for the management and minor repairs of the Violet Town Community Complex. All hire fees are used for minor maintenance and improvements to the complex.
- Violet Town Community Forest sub-committee was responsible for the development and planting of the Community Forest on a part of Shadforth Reserve to the north of town. The wood will be a resource for fire wood for the community wood fired oven and residents in years to come.
- History Group – is committed to recording, documenting and preserving the town’s history. The group has an extensive collection of historical photos- many can be seen in the gallery on this website.
- Seed Savers Group
- Museum Group
- Business Group
- Southern Aurora Memorial group
Violet Town Action Group Committee members are:
Chair – Gary Abley
Deputy chair –
Secretary – Anne Maree Quaine
Committee members –
Bookkeeping is provided by a paid employee.