Violet Town Action Group (VTAG) is a group of people drawn from the local community. It looks after the interests of the community and has as its vision and purpose:
"VTAG works to develop and support community activities and initiatives, and provides a forum which facilitates discussion and decision making for the communities of Violet Town and District."
VTAG endeavours to:
•speak for or represent the community as required, and at the request of the community;
•promote a community environment that is inclusive;
•promote a community environment that is considerate of the well-being of its members;
•provide financial management and support for active community groups that are under the auspices of the VTAG;
•support other active community groups or organisations as relevant; and
•undertake publicity and marketing of the community and community events as necessary.
It is the Community Planning Reference Group for Violet Town.
The current VTAG constitution can be found here.
VTAG operates with a nine person committee with three members elected each year or as vacancies arise. The committee meets monthly at the Community Centre meeting room.
VTAG has a number of auspiced groups and sub-committees that are responsible for organising projects in the community:
- Honeysuckle Recreation Environment Project committee has undertaken a number of projects including creating the Honeysuckle Creek Walking Track within the town boundaries, revegetation of the creek and plantings for wildlife between Honeysuckle Creek and Shadforth Reserve.
- Village Voice sub committee organises the publication of the monthly Village Voice (available for viewing on this website) with the assistance of a paid coordinator.
- Hall committee is responsible for the management and minor repairs of the Violet Town Community Complex. All hire fees are used for minor maintenance and improvements to the complex.
- Australia Day Committee
- History Group – is committed to recording, documenting and preserving the town’s history. The group has an extensive collection of historical photos- many can be seen in the gallery on this website.
- Southern Aurora Memorial group
- Friends of the Pool
- Shadforth Reserve Committee
- Violet Town Skate Park group
Violet Town Action Group Committee may be contacted at:
Bookkeeping is provided by a paid employee.