Violet Town Community Market working with COVID
We re-opened our Market in November 2020 in a COVID safe way. All was going well until the 5 day shutdown in February that resulted in the late cancellation of our February Market. The future is not predictable but all being well we will be open again in March.
Violet Town is a small community and we need to consider the health and well-being of our people.
To keep our community and all patrons COVID safe, the following changes continue to be in place at our market: -
- The market is restricted to two entrance/exit locations, the main one in Tulip St and one on the Honeysuckle Creek side. Please follow the signs. There will be no stalls in Tulip Street.
- For contact tracing purposes patrons need to register their attendance. This will be done via a QR code or manual sign-in at the entrances and exits.
- We are restricting the number of stalls and have changed the layout to facilitate physical distancing. This will be regularly reviewed and we will gradually increase our stall numbers over time if it can be managed in a COVID safe way.
- Traffic through the market will be one way as much as possible, so please follow the arrows and remember to maintain physical distancing!
- Have a mask with you to use if you are unable to socially distance.
Please help us all stay safe! These restrictions are allowing the Market to stay open and are State and Local Government requirements.
The Violet Town Community Market is held on the 2nd Saturday of every month at the Recreation Reserve in Tulip Street, Violet Town from 8.30 am - 1.00 pm. Please note that Dogs, with the exception of Service Dogs, are NOT allowed in the Market and that the Market is a Smoke-Free Zone. Thank you!
We are moving to be plastic bag free in 2021 so remember to bring your own bags or you can buy some from the Violet Town Community Market Tent in Tulip Street.
The Violet Town market is a thriving, community market renowned for a friendly atmosphere. We have over 250 stall holders on our books. Visit your regular stallholders or try something new. You will find fresh produce, arts, crafts, jewellery, wine tastings, plants, tools, furniture and more!
Relax and enjoy live music, hot food and great coffee. The Violet Town Market: one of Victoria’s premier country markets.
Founded in 1978 this thriving community market supports local groups and is renowned for its focus on sustainable living principles – remember to bring your own bags.
- Entry is free however a gold coin donation to a local organisation of the month would be welcomed.
- Dogs are not allowed on the market site. Service dogs permitted.
- The Market site is a Smoke Free Zone. Your cooperation is appreciated.
While in Violet Town, you might like to check out some of our other visitor attractions.