VIOLET TOWN COMMUNITY MARKET IS RE-OPENING ON SATURDAY 14 NOVEMBER
The Victorian Government has given permission for regional markets to re-open and the Market Committee has been working very hard behind the scenes to ensure that we can re-open in a COVID safe way.
Violet Town is a small community and we need to consider the health and well-being of our people.
To keep our community and all patrons safe, the following changes have been made to the market: -
- The market will be restricted to two entrances and two exits, the main one in Tulip St and one on the Honeysuckle Creek side. Please follow the signs. There will be no stalls in Tulip Street.
- As we are restricted in the number of people we can have in the market precinct at any given time, patrons need to be counted in and out. This will be done via a QR code at the entrances and exits so have you phone camera handy. A volunteer will be there to help if you don’t know how to do it. If at any point we are close to our maximum capacity patrons will be required to wait outside the market until numbers inside have dropped.
- The markets in November and December will be small. We are restricting the number of stalls to facilitate physical distancing. This will be reviewed and we will gradually increase our stall numbers over time if it can be managed in a COVID safe way.
- Traffic through the market will be one way, so please follow the signs and remember to maintain physical distancing!
- Masks are compulsory so if you have an exemption please have evidence with you.
- Eating and drinking within the market precinct is restricted to a small number of seating locations, mainly for the elderly or disabled. There is to be NO eating or drinking whilst walking around as your mask must be in place. There will be social bubble circles marked on the oval for eating and drinking or you can exit the market and re-enter later to finish shopping.
Please help us all stay safe! These restrictions are allowing the Market to re-open and are State and Local Government requirements.
The Violet Town Community Market is held on the 2nd Saturday of every month at the Recreation Reserve in Tulip Street, Violet Town from 8.30 am - 1.00 pm.
We are going to be plastic bag free in 2021 so remember to bring your own bags or you can buy some from the Violet Town Community House stall.
We are in the process of changing our market software so links that you may have used in the past will not be available as yet but we will get them back up and operating as soon as we can.
The Violet Town market is a thriving, community market renowned for a friendly atmosphere. We have over 250 stall holders on our books. Visit your regular stallholders or try something new. You will find fresh produce, arts, crafts, jewellery, wine tastings, plants, tools, furniture and more!
Relax and enjoy live music, hot food and great coffee. The Violet Town Market: one of Victoria’s premier country markets.
Founded in 1978 this thriving community market supports local groups and is renowned for its focus on sustainable living principles – remember to bring your own bags.
- Entry is free however a gold coin donation to a local organisation of the month would be welcomed.
- Dogs are not allowed on the market site. Service dogs permitted.
- The Market site is a Smoke Free Zone. Your cooperation is appreciated.
While in Violet Town, you might like to check out some of our other visitor attractions.